Everyday, I’m usually spaced out and my friends could testify to this. Most of the time I’m day-dreaming of random things, things that I miss most, pictures of my childhood and places I would want to visit again. The vague future that I have though let’s not go there yet. Usually before I go to sleep, I pray to God, say my thanks, those things that go unnoticed by most, those little things that I am thankful for.
Here is my list of the things that I miss the most, some may be forgotten but well I certainly would remember them these days :)
1. I miss playing outdoor games. During my childhood days, we have different kinds of playtime games unlike children today who concentrate their time on computer, playstation and other online games. Before we have patintero, luksong tinik, luksong baka, taguan, chinese garter, siato, softball, jack stone, pogs, baril-barilan with those self-made bamboo guns. Children during our time are energetic, values friendship more and can take cruel jokes and laughs on it. I’m proud and privileged that I was born during the time that we can be children, normal and happy.
2. I miss the 90s sound. This was the decade of Britney Spears, BSB, N’sync, Mariah Carey, Aaliyah, Destiny’s Child, Christina Aguillera, Sheryl Crow among others. No one can forget the Baby One More Time of Britney and the cuteness of the boy bands during this time.
3. I miss kids. I miss playing with them. I miss my cute pamangkin and my inaanaks. I miss the laughter that they bring to the house when I’m around. I love the sound of them and their requests for chocolate candies and other sugar-coated treats which brings me back to my childhood memories. :)
4. I miss the beach. I’m a beach person, this by now everyone should have known. I just love the sound of the waves, the wind, the water and the freshness of the sea.
5. I miss the downtime. I miss reading novels, I miss playing around or just lying on my bed lazily in the morning without anything on my mind. I miss the sound of the TV or the dvd playing anything.
6. I miss the times when love is for forever. I would love to have what my grandparents had. A marriage that could lasts until my dying breath, a love that will be nurtured though tested by time. I would want what they have, decades together of rearing their children and being there with each other.
7. I miss my cray-cray days haha…though honestly I have a lot of crazy days, I still miss the times when I can just be gaga over something, when i don’t care about what people might think of me, what other might say behind my back and that I just feel invincible from everyone.
Ciao for now!:)